Tuesday 1 March 2011

Using Photoshop for my front cover

After looking at my front cover in comparison to the codes and conventions of a magazine front cover, it didn't develope or challenge forms of codes and conventions.
Therefore, i took into consideration what needs changing in order to improve the appearence for my target audience, there for i asked various people within my target audience what works and what doesn't. The main reasons are as follows: The image, the colours and the coverlines.
After asking around my target audience i took into consideration what things they didnt like and changed them in order to fully engage my target audience into buying the magazine.



The following image shows you how i created my masthead in order for it to stand out for my target audience. I also stretched and re-sized the text box usinh "Ctrl T".




After getting feed back from my taget audience, they said that the central image didnt work due to the lack of colouring on the background making it look dull. Therefore, i took some more photographs (listed below).










After choosing my image for my front cover i then decided on creating my coverlines using the text box tool and the shape tool in order to customise the coverlines to suit my magazine style.




No comments:

Post a Comment