Wednesday 2 March 2011

Using Quark to create my Double page spread

After previously using this software to create my contents page, i found it easier to use as i knew the correct tools in which i needed to use. Creating my double page spread was similar to creating my contents page due to using the same tools, however the text and the images had to be positioned and styled in a different manor to suit the codes and conventions of a double page spread. Below are a few screen shots of how i created my final double page spread.


Below is how i imported my image to the document. After uploading the image i then had to resize the image completely in order to meet the codes and conventions. Therefore i had to edit the image alot to create the desired size. I also changed the colouring of my image using the tools provided to make the image stand out more by making it look more effective.



Differently from my contents page i had to create 3 columns for my text. I used the tool bar situated at the bottom of the picture and changed the number of columns to 3. I also included a drops cap at the beginning of my article to make it look more professional but to also follow the codes and conventions.




Below is my final version of my of my double page spread.





No comments:

Post a Comment